krista leigh olson esthetics
closed Sundays and Tuesdays
- Use CIT Enhancement serum daily morning & night up to treatment
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning bed at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and during treatment process.
- Do not exercise the day of or for 48 hours after the injection treatment.
- Avoid caffeine containing food or beverages day of treatment.
- Avoid medications such as: Aleve, Advil, cold remedies, Vitamin E or aspirin 5 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A, chemical peels, injectable fillers or Botox 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Use a sun block with an SPF 30+ with UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum protection.
- Apply topical anesthetic cream 1 hour prior to procedure and reapply if necessary.
- Day of treatment wear comfortable clothing. Your top should button or zip rather than pull over the head.
- Notify medical aesthetician if you get cold sores. You will require an anti-viral prescription to avoid any breakout after treatments.
- If you have open cuts, wounds, abrasions or during acne or cold sores breakouts, we cannot perform the procedure.
- Eat a healthy diet, whole food vitamins and minerals. It is also advisable to take 1000 mg of vitamin C and 2000 iu. of vitamin D3. This ensures an increase in vitamins internally and externally and will greatly aid in the healing process. Liquid and topical hyaluronic acid is recommended to retain moisture in the skin and prevent dehydration.
- Drink 8 glasses of water/non-caloric fluids per day.
Collagen Induction Therapy / Micro-needling Post-Treatment Instructions
What to be expected:
- Day 1: Skin will be erythematous and flushed after treatment, depending on the intense of the treatment. Pinpoint bleeding may occur. Do not apply makeup for at least 12 hours.
- Day 2: A red or pink hue persists like moderate sunburn. Swelling and slight bruising may be more noticeable on the second day. Minor scratches may be visible. Apply moisturizer as needed.
- Day 3: Skin can be pink or normal color. Swelling subsides. The skin can feel dry or feel tight. A slight outbreak of acne or milia (tiny white bumps) is possible. Light peeling usually occurs in about three days and will be replaced with brand new skin.
- Wash with a gentle cleanser using your fingers only. Gently massage the face with lukewarm water. Remove serum and other debris such as dried blood. Do not scrub, use a wash cloth or a Clarisonic brush. Cleanse areas treated twice a day. Do not use exfoliating products for 72 hours.
- Keep skin hydrated with CIT Enhancement serum.
- Cold compresses may be applied following treatment for comfort. If neck or décolletage are treated, the redness might last slightly longer.
- Do not exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid direct sun light, saunas, steam rooms, hot baths or showers until redness is gone.
- Continue to avoid sun exposure to the treatment areas and apply a broad spectrum sunblock with SPF minimum of 30. Apply it at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure and repeat after every two hours of sun exposure.
- After 2-5 days patients can return to regular skin care products or as soon as it is comfortable to do so. Mineral makeup may be applied the following day.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for two to three days after treatment.
- Avoid waxing, facials, Botox, injectable fillers or any other skin care treatment 10 days – two weeks after treatment.
- New cell regeneration requires at least 6-8 8 oz. glasses of water a day (if you already drink that- increase by 2 glasses)
- If skin becomes painful, swollen, red or inflamed, please notify your skin care professional, as this may represent an infection or allergic reaction that may require treatment.